With lockdowns and the overwhelming transition of the labour force to work from home, it’s safe to say that we are all going through a massive transformation in how we work, exercise, and socialize. We at Boozy Boochas are all about working hard and playing hard, and we also know that in order to maintain a critical balance in all aspects of life, it’s important to take breaks. As former Performance Specialists, we wanted to share five exercises (inspired by aspects of your favorite beverage) that you can do while working from home to increase your productivity, decrease your screentime, and improve flexibility, strength, and overall hotness. Who needs beer googles when you’ve got a Boozy Boocha Booty Workout?
- PROBIOTIC POWERHOUSE – Our Boozy Boochas are chock full of probiotic goodness that can improve your gut microbiome, which confers a myriad of benefits. Increase power with this quick and dirty workout consisting of 5 rounds of 5-7 reps each of the following power exercises: squat jumps, ice skaters, clapping pushups, and standing long jump.
- ZERO IS THE HERO! Our Boozy Boocha has ZERO gluten, ZERO artificial flavours,and ZERO unrefined sugars! In honour of getting down to zero bad ‘ish, complete this circuit of three exercises- squats, sit-ups and pushups. Complete 10 squats, 10 sit-ups, and 10 pushups, then nine of each, then eight of each, and so on, until you get to zero! Out with the old and in with the new you!
- GET LEGLESS WITH ENOUGH BOOCHAS! In honour of our 4% ABV content, do a variety of 4 lunges 4 times on each side for 4 minutes. Perform a forward lunge, backward lunge, lateral lunge, and curtsy lunge, making sure that your knee, hip, and ankle maintain proper alignment.
- GOOD TO THE CORE – Each purchase contributes to the charity Plastic Oceans, UK, and you can increase your own core foundational strength with this plank circuit. Alternate a plank with ten arm salutes with a side plank hold for 10 seconds. Complete five to eight rounds, and increase the number of rounds you complete as you gain strength and want to progress.
- KOMBUCHA with a KICK! Complete a Tabata (8 rounds of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest) of high kicks! You’ll get that Boozy Boocha Boo-tay in no time!
***While we know how freaking delicious you find our Boozy Boocha, please do not drink it while exercising! Additionally, please confer with your doctor or medical specialist before performing any of the above exercises. Boozy Boocha is not liable for any ouchies or injuries incurred during this program.